- Project 2 of the NICER Program on Sea Cucumber bags Best Paper Award
- MSU at Naawan to assist DA BFAR 10 in the conduct of a feasibility study
- MOU signing for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology project
- MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
- First Sea Cucumber R&D Center Museum in the Philippines located at MSU Naawan opens to public
- HM OJT students in Boracay, visited by MSUN officials
- Automatic Weather Station to be installed at MSU Naawan
- MSUN faculty researchers attend sea cucumber project meeting at Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
- MSUN to collaborate with national institutions for SMIDERM project
MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
by Giame Mercado-Solde | December 07, 2022
Dr. Ruby C. Gonzales, Director for Research of Mindanao State University at Naawan, attends the 10th International Fisheries Symposium and ASEAN Fisheries Education Network on December 5, 6, and 7, 2022 at Nha Trang University, Nha Trang, Vietnam.
MSU at Naawan, being a Center of Excellence in Fisheries, applied for the ASEAN FEN membership and got the Certificate of Membership during the symposium.
MSU at Naawan is now a member of the ASEAN FEN together with UP Visayas, Pangasinan State University, and MSU Maguindanao. Other universities from ASEAN member countries are also present. More than 300 participants joined the IFS from the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Japan, and India among others.
The ASEAN FEN Annual International Fisheries Symposium is an annual academic symposium which provides the attendees with the opportunity to gain insights into topics in Aquaculture biotechnology and engineering, Aquatic animal nutrition and physiology, Aquatic animal health management, Genetics and breeding, Fishing and fishery technology, policy and law, aquatic resources and environmental management, biodiversity and climate change, EAFTA: Seafood processing technology, food safety and security, fisheries socio-economics and management, Community outreach in fisheries and aquaculture. view gallery