- MSU Naawan FY 2021 Budget Utilization Review and FY 2022 Budget Briefing Held
- MSU System President, Dr. Habib W. Macaayong, Graces the Groundbreaking Ceremony for Fisheries Complex Building
- Chancellor Roa Inks Usufruct Agreement to Develop MSUN-RISE
- MSU Naawan joins the 1st National Higher Education Day Celebration
- MSUNaawan, making a meaningful difference, in collaboration with MSUN-FSTDI and LGU Naawan
- MSU Naawan celebrates 47th Founding Anniversary
- MSUN celebrated MSU @59th: Relentlessly Forging Ahead in the New Normal to Blaze New Paths for Quality Education
- MSUN Gears for Flexible Blended Learning
- CHED commends MSU Naawan for its “Bayanihan spirit”
- CHED recognizes MSUN Center of Excellence (COE) in Fisheries Program; Center of Development (COD) in Marine Science Program
MSU System President, Dr. Habib W. Macaayong, Graces the Groundbreaking Ceremony for Fisheries Complex Building
by JLAV | October 22, 2021
MSU System President, Dr. Habib W. Macaayong, graces the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of the three-storey building of the School of Marine Fisheries and Technology (SMFT) earlier today, October 22, 2021. Together with Dr. Macaayong are his better half, Madam Rehanna Pamela Biston Macaayong, Dir. Saidamen Odin Limgas, and Atty. Zed Abantas, Secretary of the Board of Regents of the MSU System and Director for MSU Legal Division.
In her message, MSUN Chancellor, Dr. Elnor C. Roa, expressed her heartfelt gratitude to all the people who were instrumental in the realization of this project. Chancellor Roa thanked Sen. Sonny Angara who sponsors the funding of PhP15 Million to MSU Naawan to support the construction of School of Marine Fisheries and Technology (SMFT) Building Phase 1.
Chancellor Roa especially acknowledged the Representative of the Senator’s Office, Dir. Saidamen Odin Limgas who had been very supportive and facilitative in the realization of this project. Likewise, she was also thankful to Dr. Macaayong who represents MSUN during the Congress and Senate Budget hearings.
Dr. Macaayong responded graciously to Chancellor Roa’s message. He recalled his first meeting with Chancellor Roa in 2018 who was then applying for the Chancellorship. He recollected that he had his initial interview with Dr. Roa and that he was impressed with Dr. Roa’s visions for MSUN. President Macaayong expressed support to all the plans and dreams of Chancellor Roa for the Mindanao State University at Naawan.
Also present was the Mayor of the Municipality of Naawan, Hon. Dennis L. Roa who expressed gratitude for all the support that MSUN has provided for the community of Naawan.
This project, dubbed the Fisheries Complex, is slated for completion in 2023 which will showcase the flagship program of MSU Naawan, being the Center of Excellence in Fisheries. As a Fisheries Complex, it will be composed of e-classrooms and e-laboratories as part of the proposed ICT Modernization Project. The adjacent buildings will be converted to Smart Hatchery and Laboratory, with the Smart Ponds on the other side. The construction of Smart Ponds, or the State-of-the-Art Pond for Sea Cucumber funded by DOST has started.
After the groundbreaking ceremony, President Macaayong and his team had a guided campus tours; and a short “informative drop-off’’ at some of the MSUN facilities like in the Research Laboratory and Hatchery Area. view gallery